Wednesday, February 25, 2015


Ayah & Mak, visiting Mok.
Also photographed, Kamal & Khalish.
Kelantan last week. A spontaneous trip as the initial plan to visit my parents in Negeri Sembilan changed at the last minute because they would like to go to Kelantan. Therefore, a visit to my mother-in-law's place, previously arranged after the Chinese New Year holiday, was rescheduled to coincide with my parents' trip. 

Ayah and Mak suggested the use of the East Coast Expressway, now that the second phase, which connects Jabur and Kuala Terengganu, has been completed. Very convenient. From the last exit, Kamal, Khalish, and I proceeded to Ketereh via Setiu, Besut, and Pasir Puteh. 

It was a light and easy drive with a couple of stops. The only challenge was a congestion due to an accident before Ajil. We departed from Bandar Baru Bangi on Wednesday, 3:30 p.m. and reached Ketereh on Thursday, 12:15 a.m. A longer drive from Kota Bharu to Bandar Baru Bangi on Saturday, but we did not mind it.

How happy we were to meet Mok again. Recently hospitalised, she appeared fragile. Physically and mentally. Never had we seen her on the bed almost throughout the day. Her appetite decreased, too. Now and then, she tried to fight the illness by conversing with us. 

Alhamdulillah, she felt better by Friday. My brother-in-law and his family further cheered her up with their presence. In the evening, after wishing the best to my sister-in-law and her husband for their umrah, my eldest sister-in-law and her family joined us for a special dinner. Thank you for the delicious meal and the good time, everybody.

The next day, Ayah and Mak, on their way back to Rembau from Tanah Merah, stopped by Ketereh. I was truly happy to welcome them as we had not seen each other for a while. At that time, I missed Ayoh though. I was sure Kamal felt it as well.

We only made our way back to Selangor after tea time with another sister-in-law and her family. Hope to be there again, soon. Meanwhile, our prayers for your well-being, Mok.